This new venture from ProSource will be inaugurated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on March 23
PROSOURCE, THE LARGEST AUDIO/VIDEO AND INTEGRATION BUYING GROUP IN THE UNITED STATES, announced that its new Lighting Technology and Learning Center in the Dallas Market Center will be inaugurated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on March 23, 2021, at the start of the popular Lightovation trade show, scheduled for March 23-26. Dave Workman, President and CEO of ProSource, will preside at the opening festivities at 10:00 a.m. CDT. The space will provide an opportunity for retail and design-build customers to learn about lighting applications and advancements in an immersive setting. Eventually, the Learning Center will be available for hands-on, live Level 2 curriculum of the exclusive ProSource Lighting Technology Certification program, which was launched earlier this year through ProSource University.
An illustrious roster of vendor partners will be on display which will create an incredible hands-on experience center for design-build professionals who wish to learn more about the latest in lighting technology. Here are a few of the luminaries who will be partnering with ProSource:
PROSOURCE’S LIGHTING TECHNOLOGY AND LEARNING CENTER IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN PREPARATION FOR ITS INAUGURATION ON MARCH 23
PHOTO OF PROLUXE LIGHTING COURTESY OF AMERICAN LIGHTING
Proluxe by American Lighting
American Lighting’s Proluxe line is geared towards the custom integration market, with product exclusives only available to custom install channel dealers. The line includes a wide range of flexible LED strips, matching innovative profiles, and interior and exterior lighting for high-end residential spaces, retail environments, hotels, and restaurants. Proluxe products can be fully integrated into any control system through the DMX protocol. The technical support and quotes team, and layout service and control system experts can walk any installation team through the design, specification, integration, and build-out process.
The assortment of Proluxe products includes:
- Warm to Dim Tape Light – Great for retrofit applications and remodels
- Wide-Range Tunable Tape Light – Perfect for human-centric lighting packages
- RGB + Tunable White Tape light – Create dynamic lighting scenes throughout any space
- Microlux – Low-voltage under-cabinet lighting that links together like Legos
- Tunable Canvas Sheets – Perfect for backlighting countertops
AiSPiRE, a new lighting brand, offers flexible solutions to paint with light and is designed with custom integration in mind to elevate the human experience of light while connecting on a deeper level in the space.Featured AiSPiRE product selections include:
- RPS, a brand-new Remote Power Supply System for low voltage next generation lighting solutions. The Class 2 RPS can be surface mounted inside a mechanical closet or on a wall, and can be powered by any common line voltage wall receptacle.
- AURORA, an unprecedented upscale offering of luminaires designed for connected living. Full Visible Spectrum color tuning LEDs with color correcting optical technology offer human centric recessed downlighting catering to the needs of the modern technologist and integrator.
- ATMOSPHERE, a sophisticated line of Natural Tunable White Fixtures for the discerning client as it mimics the natural light of the Sun and offers a full blackbody curve with a CCT range of 2700K to 6500K.
- ASTRO, a new line of Dim-to-Warm lighting that recreates the incandescent dimming curve with no required programming. By mimicking an incandescent lamp’s dimming appearance, AiSPiRE is able to shift color temperatures and create a visually comfortable and innately familiar emotion while still benefitting from the energy savings and long life of LEDs.
Colorbeam’s complete portfolio of RGBW recessed fixtures, tape and accent lighting, and outdoor landscape lighting products are perfect for creating a desired lighting effect in any environment. The company provides flawless, flicker-free dimming curves; control simplicity; and unparalleled compatibility with lighting control from third-party manufacturers. Pioneers in true tunability ranging from 1800K to 6500K, the Colorbeam Lighting technology delivers unlimited scenes and mood settings based on application or time of day. Colorbeam’s product lineup includes the patented GATEway lighting processor that drives industry-leading human-centric and wellness lighting applications. It is suitable for the AV integration market as well as the specifier market.
Colorbeam’s lighting selection includes:
- Tunable Bi-White LED Tape – Perfect for human-centric lighting
- RGB LED Tape – Create dynamic lighting scenes throughout any space
- Skylight Panels – Recreating sunlight in closed spaces like malls and underground offices
- Exterior Linear Wallwasher – Accentuating outdoor and indoor spaces
- Venus Recessed Trimless Tunable -Luminaires – Used in commercial and residential spaces
- Inground Lights – Perfect for driveway and patio illumination
- Step Light – Applications include stairs, corridors, cabinets, and closetsDMF Lighting
The DMF Lighting display will include the award-winning DID Series lighting modules, OneFrame and SquareFrame recessed lighting systems, the DCC LED Cylinder, and DRD5 LED downlights.Engineered exclusively for the custom integration channel, the all-new, award-winning DID Series takes modularity to the next level by providing field-changeable optics and accessories for both downlights and adjustable accent lights. The series includes proprietary integrated power systems for simplified installation, soft on/off, and smooth dimming down to 1% with local or centralized control systems. DMF Lighting has engineered every element of the light modules to be interchangeable in the field, during and after installation. The signature modular design allows the modules to adapt to changing homeowner preferences, future room designs, and even retrofits.
PHOTO COURTESY OF DMF LIGHTING
With only two modules and thousands of applications, the DID Series is the evolution of an already remarkable system. The light modules combine accurate color rendering with low power consumption for high energy efficiency, while complementing and enhancing how a room looks and feels. The DID Series addresses all layers of light required by an architectural downlighting solution, including ambient, task, and accent lighting.
Savant | USAI Lighting
- Savant Professional Light Strips — LED DMX light strips give any installation that subtle extra touch in just the right places
- Savant Smart LED Bulbs — Enhance any home with automated lights that deliver rich color to any room
- Savant Breaker Companion Modules — Eliminate the need for low-voltage wiring within the panel for the neatest and most efficient installation
- Savant Smart Home Ecosystem — Integrates the lighting and entertainment systems together, giving home owners one button access to favorite settings and easy to use features including Savant’s patented TrueImage lighting experience. TrueImage replaces the hard-to-sort lighting load list and adds relay-time visibility to each room including real-time color temperature and light intensity
- USAI Lighting’s Color Select® Tunable White Fixtures — Are compatible with Savant’s Daylight Mode personalized wellness experience
- USAI Lighting’s Infinite Color+® — Gives users complete freedom to define their own perfect light, from architectural whites to accents and saturated colors, all with one light fixture
- Savant’s Echo, Metropolitan, Noon and Ascend interface styles — Combine effortless lighting control with personalized smart home functionality
- Savant Shades — Available in wireless and wired versions, ideal for new construction or retrofit projects
PHOTO COURTESY OF SAVANT
Savant also brings to the Learning Center the company’s partner Robern’s elegant cabinetry and mirrors featuring tunable white LED lighting. Savant’s Power over Ethernet (PoE) self-powered Micro Aperture architectural speakers, and Artison RCC160 MKII subwoofers will also be on displa
PHOTO COURTESY OF VANTAGE
The new Learning Center will demonstrate the seamless way in which Vantage integrates with lighting fixtures and third-party platforms. Visitors will see how the Vantage controller can precisely determine the center’s longitude and latitude, which allows it to automatically calculate sunrise and sunset times on any given day for that location. It can then set the lighting schedule accordingly to replicate the ideal conditions of daylight based on color tone and intensity throughout the day, without any intervention required.
Using the Equinox 41 and EasyTouch Glass interfaces, visitors can easily change between five pre-programmed natural light scenes: Daylight Sync, Sunrise, Midday, Night Light, and Solar Cycle. The Learning Center provides an opportunity for dealers to learn more about Vantage and the latest lighting technology in an environment that highlights integration for a cohesive HCL system. Designed by David Warfel and Mark Langston, both of Light Can Help You, the customized Lighting Technology and Learning Center will feature multiple residential rooms showcasing smart home systems and devices for the benefit of ProSource members.
City in a Garden
New Lighting Technology and Learning Center
The Deeper Aspects of Wellness Architecture
Embracing A/V Over IP
Hurricane Strength Coffee
The Latest Water Purification Technologies
Land & Sea Entertainment
Measuring Energy Performance